Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Diabetic Runner

If you're reading my blog, you're probably a diabetic and a runner.  You may have stumbled upon my website from a link from the original Diabetic Runner Jamie.  He is a new friend of mine in this new and exciting world I'm joining.  I absolutely love reading about other Diabetics stories, and also hearing about other Runners stories.  When you put the two of them together, I can read all night.  
I only have one body, I have Diabetes, there is nothing I can do about this.  I have to live with it.  Running is just one thing that makes life with Diabetes easier.  If I didn't have Diabetes, I don't think I would be running.  For this I am Thankful!

4 comments:

Steelhead said...

Great site I will read it often. Do you ever go High BG's after excercise?

rdn5cents said...

I do, I've actually had some very scary Highs. This happened early on in my "running career", I was using GU keep my blood sugars up. When I got done running my blood sugar level was skyrocketing, I couldn't take enough insulin to control it, and ended up vomiting. I have since switched to Clif Shot Bloks and have maintained pretty consisten control.

Jamie said...

Love the positive outlook... I'm the same way - if I wasn't diabetic I would probably have made many life decisions differently.

CewTwo said...

I read your first marathon story on the Diabetic Runner. Jamie is a great guy, isn't he? I'm not diabetic, but am a runner on my quest for the first marathon completion. I run long miles weekly and should be able to do this thing. Stories like yours are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!