Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have been neglecting my blog, mostly because I've been pretty busy with work and travels, but also because I don't feel like I have anything interesting to say.  Then I thought, that's crazy, and I looked up the definition of a blog which states: A website in which an individual or group of individuals produces an ongoing narrative.  So I think, I don't have a blog if it's not ongoing, here I go! 
CONGRATULATIONS to Steve Runner at Phidippidations on completing the Boston Marathon, I know that someday soon Steve will break the 4 hour mark. I myself am striving to Qualify for the Boston Marathon.  If you haven't listened to his podcast, do yourself a favor and download an episode, he is EXCELLENT, and it's really like running with someone else.  
Now, on to me, If anyone out there has any recommendations how I can improve my tempo runs, I'm begging you, PLEASE HELP.  I ran my first marathon, the Marine Corps Marathon in 3:40:07, and I have to get to a 3:10:59, in order to qualify. I feel pretty confident I can get to a 3:30, possibly even a 3:25 this year in Chicago.  Mostly because I now have a Marathon under my belt, but also because the course is a little easier, and I feel I'm in better shape.  I do have a little over 5 months till the marathon, and I feel like there is plenty of time to improve.  
I also would be remiss if I didn't throw a big shout out to Jamie over at Diabetic Runner, I absolutely love his blog.  His creativity is awesome, and his content is second to none.  A fellow Diabetic Runner who truly embraces his Diabetes and doesn't let it stop him from doing ANYTHING!  If you haven't joined his Diabetic Runner 1000 or 500, do so NOW.
While I'm rambling, I want to see if anyone can tell me the etiquette when it comes to putting a link to someone else's blog on your "blog roll"? Steve Runner mentioned a blog called Got Lactate and I found it very interesting.  I just thought I'd pass this on, but I wanted to know from fellow bloggers if I should ask the Lactate Man if it's ok to link to his Blog?  

No comments: