Monday, February 13, 2012

2012, Team Type 1, and stuff

2012 is off to a very "warm" start, and I'm not complaining. I could run all year in these temps of 20-40 degrees. We have really only had a handful of days with temperatures in the teens or lower. It seems every year I forget what colder temperatures do to my blood sugars. During the summer months I will sometimes decrease my basal by 10%, but usually not lower than that. Recently, I have been decreasing my basal by 75%, even with this huge decrease in basal, I've still had to consume monster amounts of carbohydrates. For example, tonight I tested my BG 30 minutes before the run and was at 80. I decreased my basal by 75%, and consumed 65g of carbs. Then 20 minutes into the run I at another 25g. When I finished up this session I was at 115. I'm trying to plan better for my runs and check about an hour before the run, that way I can decrease my basal, and be set when it's time to run. I'm also looking for some more natural means of glucose than sport beans, glucose tabs, and Gu. I'm afraid what my teeth are going to be like in 30 years, but that's a topic for another day.

My training for 2012 is off to a really good start. Last week I logged 50 miles. On Saturday, I logged a 16 mile run with the guys on a very hilly course. It was a relatively cold run, but was a very fun run with the guys through Northern Kentucky overlooking Cincinnati.

I haven't really talked about Team Type 1 much yet, but words can't describe how excited I am to be a part of this group. The mission statement of Team Type 1 is: "Team Type 1 is fueled by a passion to improve the lives of others. Through athletic accomplishment and public presentations, TT1 inspires those with diabetes to become more engaged and effective in their diabetes self-care in order to live a life uncompromised by diabetes." In December I went to Tucson for our "Training Camp", and it was amazing to be around people that are fueled by their Diabetes just as I am. It's one of the driving forces in our athletic achievement. In the coming weeks I'm going to talk a little more about my Team Type 1 "brothers and sisters", each having their a own amazing stories and achievements. I truly believe that this team is going to help lift me, to reach the goals that I have been focused on for years, both athletically and personally.

Keep Running!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for your post! I am very interested in your points.

Click here Portion control dishes

Liz OXYwater said...

Hi, I was just reading your blog. I work for the local Ohio healthy water company OXYwater. I was wondering what your opinion is on hydration beverages during work outs - specifically for people with diabetes. OXYwater is partnered with the Central Ohio diabetes Association and is drank by many athletes, but we don't have a ton of feedback from diabetic athletes on our product. Was wondering if we could send you a free sample.

Hope to connect,

Liz
Lkulin@tryoxywater.com
www.tryoxywater.com

Roses Smith said...

There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. for total cure of different disease and virus.  Email  DR AKHIGBE. on    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    or contact his number .+2348142454860      . Treatment with Natural Herbal medicine Cure For : PAINFUL or IRREGULAR MENSTRUATION ,VAGINAL EFFECT IONS.CANCER, VAGINAL DISCHARGE. ITCHING OF PRIVATE PART. BREAST INFECTION. DISCHARGE FROM BREAST. HIV/AIDS, BREAST PAIN & ITCHING. LOWER  ABDOMINAL  PAIN.DIABETES . NO PERIOD OR  or PERIOD SUDDENLY STOP. HERPES,  WOMEN SEXUAL PROBLEM. PAIN DURING SEX INSIDE THE PELVIC. PAIN DURING URINATION. PELVIC  INFLAMMATORY DISEASE, (PID). DRIPPING OF SPERM FROM THE VAGINAL AS WELL AS LOW SPERM COUNT. ZERO SPERM COUNT. QUICK  EJACULATION.CHRONIC DISEASE, ASTHMA,  PREMATURE EJACULATION. WEAK ELATION. PARKINSON'S DISEASE, DISCHARGE FROM PENIS. STD. EPILEPSY, STAPHYLOCOCCUS + GONORRHEA + SYPHILIS. Pile-HEMORRHOID. WAIST AND BACK PAIN. MALE AND FEMALE   INFERTILITY. Etc.I was diagnosed of Cancer of the lungs for seven month and I spend hell in going to different hospital at difference places seeking for cure but there was no solution. I decided to go through the internet where I saw a testimony of a woman in London,[MARY]. So I contacted him also through his mail. He answer me and we both communicate and he send the herbal medicine to me through DHL COURIER DELIVERY SERVICES. Brother and Sister to cut the story short, that was how I connected with my cure  for three weeks I was totally well and strong by Dr Akhigbe. powerful natural herbal medicine.   You can also reach him for your help. He will help you because he is a good and easy doctor. Via email.  drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      Number +2348142454860.

Lilian Wale said...

There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome life style Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but bring back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal anybody that comes to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824

Rose Jurgen said...

Here is  my testimony on how I was cured of HIV by Dr Akhigbe,with his natural herbal medicine.  on a regular basis in efforts to help others when I could. As you may know, each donation is tested.  Well, on July 6th I had a meeting with a Red Cross representative and was told that I had HIV. “What went through your mind when you heard that "Rose" Good question reader! To be honest, I thought my life was over, that I would ever find love, get married, have children or anything normal. Lucky for me I have an amazing support system.  My family supported me then I never thought that I was invincible to STD s or pregnancy or anything else parents warn their kids about. I just didn’t think about it. I was in a monogamous relationship and thought that I asked the right questions.  We even talked about marriage Scary.  During that time I was in college and donated blood on a re as well. who helped me in search of cure through the media.there we saw a good testimony of sister 'Kate' about the good work of Dr Akhigbe natural herbal medicine cure.then I copied his email address and contacted him. A good herbalist doctor with a good heart, he is kind, loving and caring. He replied back to my message and told me what to do. After a week the doctor sent me my herbal medicine and instructed me how to take it.Yes it worked very well, after drinking it I went to the hospital for another test and everything turned negative. What a wonderful testimony I can never forget in my life. Dr Akhigbe is a man who gave me a life to live happily forever so all I want you all to believe and know that cure of HIV is real and herbs is a powerful medicine and it works and heals.  Dr Akhigbe also used his herbal medicine to cure diseases like:   HERPES, DIABETES, SCABIES, HEPATITIS A/B, STROKE, CANCER, ALS, TUBERCULOSIS, ASTHMA, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, LUPUS, LIVER CIRRHOSIS, DEPRESSION, HIV/AIDS, EPILEPSY, BACTERIAL, DIARRHEA, HEART DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, PARKINSON'S, ALZHEIMER, COLD URTICARIA, HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS,INSOMNIA,  BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, CHROME DISEASES, CHLAMYDIA, INSOMNIA HEARTBURN, ,  THYROID, MAR BURG DISEASES, MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, BODY WEAK, SMALLPOX, DENGUE, FEVER, CURBS, CHANCRE, AND OTHERS VARIOUS DISEASES/ VIRUS.   You are there and you find yourself in any of these situations, kindly contact Dr Akhigbe now to help you get rid of it. Here is his email address:
   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      or you can write to him on whats app with his phone number:   +2349010754824.
  My appreciation is to share his testimony for the world to know the good work Dr Akhigbe has done for me and he will do the same for you.