Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cautiously Optimistic

So, I did the exercises with the Pilates bands last night (50), this morning (50), lunch (50), and before my run tonight (50).  It was my best (pain free) run in weeks.  
A big part of running is staying healthy or avoiding injury.  Any runner goes through minor aches and pains, and the serious injuries usually start as minor ones.  The last couple of weeks this hipt thing has been nagging me like a streak of "bad" blood sugar readings.  I CAN'T STAND EITHER OF THEM!  Struggling with an injury gives me anxiety in the same way unexplainable high blood sugar readings do.  You will do anything to try and correct it, and try to look back on what you've done different to cause the result.  I will continue to do these exercises, as long as it keeps the hip pain away.  The Pig is 7 weeks from Sunday!

No comments: