Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot & NYC here I come

I guess I've been so spoiled by the mild weather this summer I forgot what heat and humidity can do to you. It was about 84 F and Humid!  The plan was to warmup and do 8 x 2.5 minute Fartlek's with a 1.5 minute rest interval, then a 20 minute cool down.  I completed the workout, but I struggled.  I have yet to look at my times, no need to, they weren't good.  The important thing is that I got the workout in! 7.5 miles to be exact.  
Amanda (my lady) and I, found out over a month ago that we were both "accepted" into the NYC 1/2 marathon on July 27th.  We've been debating on wether or not we were going to run in it.  Well, this past weekend we booked the flights to NYC!  We cannot wait!  I booked the hotel rooms today, so we're all set.  It will be a fine tune up for Chicago.  If anyone out there has run the Nike NYC 1/2 please let me know your thoughts, I hope it's not too warm.

1 comment:

CewTwo said...

Exciting news! You're getting to be a big city runner!

I'm going for a smaller venue in the mountain communities above Denver that will benefit a school district extra-cur5ricular activities.

I'm running it on August 9th.

Have fun! But remember... The run does end, but not the running!